Cut N Sew Playfood for the Kids Shop: now available


Fruits for the Kids Shop / Obst für Kaufladen oder Kinderküche






Hello everybody.




THE STORY BEHIND:


This funny passion started when I realized that the nursery school/kindergarden of my oldest son had no playfood at all left in their children kitchen. All was lost, broken and there was no money to buy new.

This made me very sad and I remembered a whole bunch of felt pieces I stashed in some corner of my home and always wanted to sew ingredients and products for my sons children kitchen or play store as soon as they reached the right age: this was now.
So I started to sew two red apples out of felt: one for my son and one for the nursery. 
I found green and orange felt and sewed a pear, an orange and a whole bunch of carrots.
Afterwards I sewed chocolate cookies.  
The nursery school teachers were overwhelmed and thrilled. 
At this point obsession started. 

I figured that it need a lot of different colors and shadings and many details to make realistic and stimulating playfood. Since I was not only sewing one piece for but also wanted to supply the nursery school I simply was too lazy to add the necessary details to every piece. For chocolate cookies i.e. I would have needed to attach 100 chocolate bites on ten cookies. Way to much work for just giving it away. Also smaller children could swallow little pieces more easy. (All children are beyond 3 years old but i still did not feel comfortable with the idea of too small pieces)

And since I already had a shop on spoonflower (here) i decided to make a DIY-Kit for playfood out of Fleece.
Fleece seemed to be easy to sew and not fraying. 
The Chocolate cookies with a bag therefore was my first Cut And Sew Projects.




The Playfood FRUITS are my second Cut N Sew Kit.
Unfortunately I am not the best and most accurate sewer, so I am looking forward to see your results out of my Fat Quarter Panel.



TUTORIAL: 

Before you order please be aware you choose the right fabric: 
the pattern was tested and made for Fleece
It will also work on other none fraying fabrics. 
If you nevertheless decide to go for a fraying-out fabric, please be aware that you might have to line your fabric or you leave out details like the "Blossom" at the bottom of the fruits. 


1) WHOLE FRUITS: works for APPLE, PEAR, ORANGEclick images to enlarge






2) APPLE HALVES (click image to enlarge)



3) MELON SLICE (click image to enlarge)




4) BANANA (click image to enlarge)




DONE IS YOUR FRUIT






0 Kommentare